Thursday, March 14, 2013

27 days old

Alyssa continues to do very well. She gained weight again and now weighs 3lbs 8oz. Today Alyssa got alot of visitors. Her aunt Toni, uncle Ed, aunt Erika, Evan and Papaw came to visit. Our lil valentine is loved lots!

I am looking forward to the days ahead when all this is memories. I spending more time with my pump these days than my baby girl. Its weird and sad all at the same time. I realized the other day I spend alittle more than 3 hours a day strapped to the pump. Thankfully I have a dual sided pump too! Speaking of the pump, I'm attached to it as I type this. I'm glad my milk continue to flow well and my baby girl is getting the best possible nutrition right now. I just look forward to the days ahead when the pump and I can part ways. Pumping is all I can control when it comes to Alyssa and its hard enough. Living with a baby in the NICU is very hard, you want to spend time there but you still have family at home to care for. It's a difficult life to balance then throw in the postpartum hormones.  We are approaching Alyssa's 1 month birthday which brings up alot of emotions. I can't believe my baby girl is already that old and she is still very little too. Coming from having 2 full term babies things are usually very different at this point and I have to constantly remind myself she is different and to stop comparing. Not only is her 1 month birthday coming but the anniversary of us moving back to town. We moved back on 1/14 and Alyssa was born 2/14. The last 60 days have been so busy and crazy for us. I asked myself today how I am still standing? I continue to give God the glory on that. Every time I feel down, sad, worried and etc I ask for his help. Sometimes it may just be simple as a cry and/or asking him out loud to take my burden away because I alone can't do it. He continues to do it because I look at my situation and I am still in awwww of how 1 person can bear all this?!?! Just thinking of it; packing while 6 months pregnant, moving then giving birth 9 weeks early makes my jaw drop. Truly my God is amazing because I alone am in awwwww!
Thanks to everyone who continues to pray  for Alyssa and our family.

But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31




Papaw visiting Alyssa





Alyssa's aunt Erika will be participating and raising money for March of Dimes, which is foundation who helps support premature babies.1 in every 8 babies is born too soon and too small.
Join my sister March for Dimes in honor of Alyssa on April 28th!

Link to Join my sister in the walk and/or to donate below

http://www.marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?pp=2493290&ct=4&w=6079044&u=elmian0&bt=15





No comments:

Post a Comment