Sunday, March 24, 2013

36 - 38 days old

Alyssa had a wonderful Friday. Friday during the day I was able to practice breast feeding again with Alyssa which went very well.
Holding Alyssa Friday





Saturday Damian, Evan and I went up early in the morning to visit Alyssa. Evan enjoyed seeing his baby sister and got to touch her for the first time. Alyssa continues to eat from the bottle at every feeding and had not taken anything through her tube in her nose. I was able to practice breast feeding again with Alyssa which went very well. I spoke to the doctors and asked if I could started an actual feeding with her Sunday because she is doing so well; they agreed to starting with 1 feeding a day to supplement instead of the bottle. Alyssa now weighs 3 pounds and 14 ounces, she weighs exactly  1 pound over her birth weight now. 




The large room Alyssa is in




Evan touching Alyssa for the first time



I love this picture of Evan little head peeking in




Sunday evening I was able to actually breast feed Alyssa for the first time. Alyssa did great, all the practice paid off. I feed her for 10 mins total, which is what the doctor allowed for now. She ate the entire time and then would NOT take the bottle. Which means she was full! I was so happy and excited that she's getting breast feeding down as a preemie. I held Alyssa for a couple of hours after feeding her which was pure bliss as usual.






No comments:

Post a Comment