Alyssa had a very rough Saturday. I went to visit her around lunch time. When I arrived she was sleeping and very peaceful. I got the opportunity to hold her again which is so exciting. After about 5 minutes she was very fussy. She's not normally fussy and if she ts because the nurses are doing something to her. I tried to sooth her with the pacifier but it was not working. Normally she calms down with it but it was not working. The nurse and I decided to put her back in bed since she was so upset. The nurse and I continued to try to make her comfortable and do whatever we could to make her calm down. I asked the nurse if maybe she was in pain considering all the medication she got put on the day before. She said she would go ask the doctor if there was something else we could do or for her. After she returned she said the doctor stated she is probably hungry. This broke my heart considering they stopped her feedings the day before and were not going to start them again until her intestines returned to normal and/or she was done with her round of antibiotics. My heart just broke for Alyssa. I could not imagine being so hungry you would cry and be so unsettled. Nothing I could do for her would help and I felt helpless. I left the hospital broke for her and so sad. I cried in the car and just prayed for God to take her hunger pains away. She is the strongest little person I know right now!!! I went and got some lunch after and was so guilty just eating it. Since then every time I've eaten that's all I think of is her being hungry. I continue to pray for the holy spirits peace for her and myself. Once again I have to give all control to God because I can't do anything for her. I am also so thankful she has the best care at the hospital, great nurses and doctors. Please continue to pray for Alyssa and our family! THANKS!!!
Pictures of her when I first arrived
Pictures of my view holding her, pure happiness
No comments:
Post a Comment