Saturday, March 16, 2013

29 days old

Alyssa had a rough Friday. Alyssa's stomach became very swollen Thursday and got worse over night. Friday morning the doctors ordered lab work(blood test and Xrays). They found out that Alyssa was potassium deficient which also caused her to be anemic  Apparently your body does not produce red blood cells until your about 8 days old. Since Alyssa was not full term she is far from the 8 days old technically. She had to be given a blood transfusion of red blood cells to her recover from the anemia and lack of potassium in her blood. They also believe she has an infection in her stomach so they started her on 3 antibiotics  They also stopped her breast milk feeds through her tube for now. I am not sure when they will start her feeds  again but hoping  it will be Saturday or Sunday. The doctors and nurses seem to give us the impression this is "normal for a preemie" and she will be fine. Its still hard to swallow for me considering she has been doing so well and was making great process towards going home. I hate that she's going through so much so young. 
She is truly a fighter and God's got his loving arms around her. I will continue to walk by faith, I KNOW our God is enough! 


A close up of our little fighter


Walk By Faith, my worship song for the day!






No comments:

Post a Comment