Alyssa had a wonderful Wednesday and Thursday. She continues to eat very well. The doctors are now giving 2 feedings a day of formula to fatten her up with more calories. She eats very fast and continues to breast feed also. Texas Children's requires all parents take infant CPR and car seat education before discharge. I completed CPR on Wednesday and our car seat education is scheduled for Friday. The doctors seem to give us the impression they will be letting her go home soon. So I'm thinking Monday or Tuesday. Wednesday Alyssa's pic-line was removed which has been in her arm since we were at Methodist. It was inserted in her left arm and had tons of tape covering it. When they removed it I saw something new on her I'd never seen, her birthmark. I'm looking forward to the days ahead and scared also. She is so tiny and it's very different form bringing a newborn home. I have also chosen to keep Evan out of preschool to avoid him bringing anything home for school. Since Alyssa is more prone to infection; I don't want to take any chances with her health. I know this will give me more peace of mind but it will also be a challenge at home with a new baby and 3 year old. Please pray for the days ahead, for I know it will be a challenge. I have already implemented a higher hand washing routine in the house as of a couple of days ago.
Alyssa's Birthmark
Our beautiful baby girl
No comments:
Post a Comment